3 Apr 2017
We are looking for a part-time Freephone and Distance Learning Administrator to join our team.
Job title: Freephone and Distance Learning Administrator
Responsible to: Office Manager
Responsible for: Administration of Distance Learning Service with particular responsibility for the operation of the Freephone service.
Key working relationships: Office Manager, Distance Learning Co-ordinator, Distance Learning Team, Internal/External Verifiers.
Status of post: One year fixed term contract (Part-time 17.5 hours)
- Checking QQI award submissions against submission criteria and entering learner submissions into NALA database
- Collating learner information and providing administrative support in maintaining www.writeon.ie
- Operating Freephone call centre
- Operating IT, maintaining Freephone database, arranging mailouts and providing statistical data
- Accurate maintenance of learner records
- Responding to learner and tutor enquiries
- Participating and assisting in evaluation processes
- Liaising with QQI, learners and blended learning sites around submission requirements
- Collate, check and respond to submissions for QQI awards
- Supporting accreditation processes
- Maintain QQI accreditation database and ensure compliance with the QQI Business System
- Answering telephone, referral and general enquiries as required
- Assisting the Office Manager and other administrative staff as the need arises
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and Outlook
- Knowledge and understanding of the QQI accreditation system
- Knowledge of adult basic education particularly literacy, numeracy and ICT
- At least 5 years of relevant administrative experience
- Excellent attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational, time management and teamwork skills
- Ability and commitment to work within the aims and values of NALA
Sandford Lodge, Sandford Close, Ranelagh, Dublin 6.
Clerical Officer Grade, Local Authority Salary scales ranging point €23,188 - €27,542
11 days per annum
If you wish to apply, please send your current CV plus a covering letter stating how you meet the specifications given above to Miriam Johnston by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 pm Friday 14 April 2017. Please include the names of two referees and state clearly in the subject line of your email the job title of the role for which you are applying.
All applications will be dealt with in strictest confidence. Short-listing of applicants may apply.
The National Adult Literacy Agency does not require the assistance of recruitment agents at this time.