Plain English is a way of presenting information that helps someone understand it the first time they read or hear it. When you use plain English, you:
- use clear, concise and accurate language,
- order your points logically, including only necessary detail, and
- use clean design to make your writing more attractive and easier to follow.
- It makes good business sense.
- Your reader can better understand your information.
- You will provide more efficient customer service.
- Clearer information leads to fewer complaints and repeated questions.
We have provided plain English training and editing services to many public and private sector organisations:
- Census Office
- Electric Ireland
- Food Safety Authority of Ireland
- Houses of the Oireachtas
- Director of Corporate Enforcement