Join us at the NALA national Student Day in Cork
Our national Student Day for adult literacy, numeracy and digital literacy students is back and we are looking forward to seeing you.
Date: Saturday 15 October 2022
Time: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Venue: The Metropole Hotel Cork, MacCurtain Street, Cork City, T23 EEC3
Cost: This is a free event (with lunch, tea and coffee) You must register below to attend.
Programme: Please view the full programme for the Student Day.
Who is this Student Day for?
The NALA Student Day is for you if you are an adult who is:
* Improving your literacy, numeracy or digital skills in an adult literacy centre, or as part of another programme (could be for example a Youthreach programme, a National Learning Network or a Community Training Centre).
* Learning over the phone with a NALA tutor or using the Learn with NALA website.
* Improving your English in an adult education centre, where English is not your first language.
What happens at NALA Student Days?
You meet other students, hear student speakers and learn something new at a workshop. No one is put under pressure. You can get up and walk around, and take a break if you need to.
NALA student days are for students only. The only exception to this is when NALA invites a tutor to facilitate a workshop or invites a non- student to speak on the day.
10.00am – 10.30am: Registration and tea and coffee, free resource books available and demonstrations of Learn with NALA website
10.30am – 10.40am: Welcome and introduction
10.45am – 11.30am: Short talks from students
11.30am – 1.00 pm: Morning workshop
1pm – 2 pm: Lunch
2.00pm – 3.30pm: Afternoon workshop
3.30pm – 4.00 pm: Questions and answers with NALA
You will be able to attend one workshop in the morning and a different one in the afternoon. We will fill the workshops on a first come, first served, basis. The workshops are:
* Being wise online
* Plain English in our everyday lives
* Tips for living well
The Metropole Hotel is near Kent Station for trains and across the river from the bus station. Unfortunately NALA cannot cover transport costs for students.
How to register:
* Please register by completing the online form below so NALA can plan the day well.
* Choose two workshops you would like to attend. You will be able to attend one workshop in the morning and a different one in the afternoon. We will fill the workshops on a first come, first served, basis. Below please select number 1 under the workshop you most want to go to and 2 under your second choice and so on up to number 3.
* If booking for someone else and you don’t know which workshop to choose leave it blank.
* You can also register by filling in a booking form. Please email this form to email@example.com (or post it to: Margaret Murray, NALA, Sandford Lodge, Sandford Close, Ranelagh, Dublin 6).
* Once you have booked, just come along on the day. We look forward to welcoming you on the day
If you have any questions about the day, please don’t hesitate to telephone Margaret Murray, Literacy Student and Development Officer, NALA on 01 412 7928, or email firstname.lastname@example.org