The aim of this research report is to identify indicators to measure the outcomes of literacy strategies and initiatives in Ireland.
– presents outcomes in an Outcomes Framework structured around eight domains;
– proposes sample indicators that could be used to measure evidence of impact against these outcomes;
– identifies opportunities for gathering data to provide evidence against the outcomes and identifies possible tools for measuring outcomes;
– makes recommendations for how such an Outcomes Framework could be featured in a new Whole-of-Government strategy; and
– identifies opportunities for embedding literacy, numeracy and digital skills-related outcomes and indicators in strategies in other policy areas.
The report was written by Jackie Borge (Borge Consulting) and Daniel Sellers.