National Adult Literacy Agency (NALA) Annual General Meeting 2023
Ashling Hotel, Dublin: Saturday 13 May 2023, 11am – 1pm
We are delighted to invite our members to NALA’s 2023 Annual General Meeting (AGM).
It is taking place on Saturday 13 May 2023 at 11am in the Ashling Hotel, Parkgate Street, Dublin 8, D08 P38N. As this is our first in person AGM in 3 years we do hope you can join us for the event, followed by a light lunch.
Our AGM will be an ideal opportunity for you to:
- hear from Yvonne McKenna, Director of the Adult Literacy for Life (ALL) Programme Office, about the progress and plans for the ALL Strategy;
- hear all that was achieved in 2022; and
- discuss what you want NALA to concentrate on in 2023 and beyond.
Would you like to join our Board?
This year we have a number of positions on our Board that need to be filled by election of existing or new Directors and Officers. The Board provides essential leadership to NALA and ensures that our vision, mission and values are promoted, advanced and achieved.
So, if you believe ‘literacy is a human right’ and want to see it realised, we would encourage you to nominate Members who have the time and willingness to serve as a Director or Officer on NALA’s Board. This year we have the following vacancies on the Board:
- A maximum of 2 Directors
- Honorary Treasurer
All nominations must be received by NALA no later than 13 April 2023. Any nominations received after this date cannot be accepted.
What do you need to do to take part on the day?
To take part at the AGM, please read all the steps below and see which ones you need to take:
Check you are a current NALA member
You need to be a current member at least one month before the AGM if you want to vote. Log onto your membership account. Renew your membership if you need to no later than 5pm on 13 April 2023.
Send your nominations for the Board of NALA
Download the Nomination Form. Please fill it in and return it us no later than 5pm on 13 April 2023
Register for the AGM
You need to do this to attend the AGM.
Book your place for the AGM here no later than 5pm on 10 May 2023
You can return forms by:
- email to Michelle Reade, Governance and Compliance Officer, Michelle’s email is firstname.lastname@example.org
- post to FREEPOST, NALA, Sandford Lodge, Sandford Close, Ranelagh, Dublin 6, D06 YF65.
Do you have a question or need help or documents?
If you have a question, need help or want documents posted to you, please contact Michelle Reade, Governance and Compliance Officer. Michelle’s phone number is: 01 255 1870 or you can email Michelle at email@example.com
Thank you for your continued support and I look forward to seeing you at our AGM.
Please find all documents related to our AGM.
- Nomination form PDF or Nomination form word document.
- AGM 2023 booking form PDF or AGM 2023 booking form word document. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a printed copy.