Background to the development and evaluation
NALA’s Distance Learning Service is committed to making sure that people with literacy difficulties can fully take part in society, and have access to learning opportunities that meet their needs. NALA is committed to widening access to literacy learning opportunities through the use of DLS approaches. Since 2008, learners have the option of working towards a nationally accredited award. Independent learners can also opt to work exclusively online on the NALA interactive learning website.
Aims of the development and evaluation project
The development and evaluation project will aim:
1. To devise a non-accredited curriculum framework of CPD for adult literacy, numeracy and ESOL tutors, as well as practitioners working in further education and training settings who want to support literacy and numeracy development and to integrate it in their work.
2. Based on the above framework:
a) to provide training workshops at NALA CPD events for the above practitioners on enhancing teaching and learning outcomes.
b) to devise resources to enhance teaching and learning outcomes to be uploaded onto the Tutor’s Corner element of the NALA site.
c) to support research projects aimed at improving teaching and learning practice, in particular in the area of reading strategies.
3. To review the teaching and learning content on writeon.ie
The NALA practice and research teams will work in collaboration with the developer on the project.
We will require an outline of the following from the tenderer:
- Relevant third level qualification;
- Knowledge of conducting qualitative and quantitative research approaches and methodologies;
- Your track record in undertaking similar work;
- Any experience in adult literacy;
- A proposal and plan of your methodological approach to the work which demonstrates an understanding of the objectives of the work and detailing your capacity to carry out the work within the agreed timescale;
- An estimate of the number of day’s work involved and an overall project costing including VAT
The person who will take overall responsibility for the project should be named within the tender document. Please provide full contact details for two referees.
Timeline and Schedule
The work will begin in April 2015 and be completed by January 2016.
The successful tenderer will work in collaboration with the NALA practice and research teams.
Deadline for Submission
7 April 2015 at 5pm. Interested parties should submit a two page proposal with details of how they would approach this work to email@example.com.
For more information, contact