Southside Partnership Dun Laoghaire Rathdown (DLR) is currently recruiting a Training and Employment Support Worker for the delivery of its Write-On Personal Pathways to Employment project, which is a new initiative to provide education and on-the job training for unemployed young people (aged 18 – 25) with a view to helping them to obtain suitable employment.
The project is part of the government’s recently announced Momentum programme, funded by the Department of Education and Skills through the Labour Market Education and Training Fund (LMETF) which is supported by the European Social Fund (ESF).
The Training and Employment Support Worker will work with Southside Partnership’s Local Employment Service (LES) and the National Adult Literacy Agency (NALA) to support 80-90 young people to:
- return to learning (achieving certification at FETAC level 3) through the NALA distance learning service, and
- get a job placement, through training, mentoring and support.
The role will require the successful candidate to:
- Recruit and select 80-90 participants (Long term unemployed, early school leavers) to complete the 12 month programme
- Assess the employment training needs of each participant and develop an individualised career path with clear steps to securing employment or progressing to further education
- Provide on-going support to the participants for:
– preparing CVs, cover letters and job applications,
– developing job search techniques and interview skills,
– developing presentation skills,
– getting work experience placements, and
– completing the on-line FETAC accredited learning through NALA
- Develop local employer networks in order to identify work placements and job opportunities
- Produce project updates, information, statistics and reports within the timelines required by funders
- Liaise with all stakeholders to promote and develop the project, and
- Participate and assist in the evaluation process for the project.
This post is for 35 hours per week, for a 12 month period and will be based in Monkstown Farm, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin. The successful candidate will be employed by Southside Partnership DLR for the duration of the fixed term contract. The salary for this position will be €37,588 per annum.
The successful candidate will need:
- Significant experience in working with unemployed young people who may have literacy and numeracy needs
- An excellent understanding of the barriers and challenges for 18 – 25 year olds seeking work, and proven experience of successfully working with this client group
- A proven track record of arranging successful and sustained job placements
- Experience working with employers and with multi-agency project teams
- A good understanding of learning requirements across Levels 2 and 3 of the National Framework of Qualifications, including FETAC portfolio development
- Proven experience in meeting project targets and deadlines, and
- Access to own transport, with a full drivers licence.
The ideal person for this role must have:
- A minimum of 3 years experience of working with the relevant client group, understanding their literacy needs and the challenges and barriers they face
- 3 years experience of training/group facilitation
- A third level qualification, ideally one relevant to this post
- A proven track record in the provision of one-to-one and group mentoring
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills and be highly self-motivated, and
- Excellent general ICT, administration and time management skills
To apply, please send your Curriculum Vitae together with a cover letter outlining your suitability for the position, by post or email to: Mary Molloy, Southside Partnership, The Old Post Office, 7 Rock Hill, Main St, Blackrock, Co. Dublin. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5 pm on Wednesday 23rd January, 2013.
Shortlisting will apply. Interviews will be held on Wednesday 30th January 2013.
Southside Partnership DLR Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer.