National Adult Literacy Agency (NALA) Annual General Meeting 2021
Online via Zoom: Saturday 24 April 2021, 11am – 12pm
The National Adult Literacy Agency (NALA) would like to invite all members to attend our 2021 Annual General Meeting (AGM). In light of the current COVID-19 public health regulations, the AGM will be held via Zoom at 11 am on Saturday 24 April 2021. We do hope that you can join us.
We are pleased to announce that Minister for Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science, Simon Harris TD, will be joining us as keynote speaker to outline the work of the department on the new 10-year strategy for adult literacy, numeracy and digital literacy.
The AGM is our most important event for you as a member. You get the opportunity to catch up on everything that is happening in NALA including our submission to the 10-year strategy for literacy, numeracy and digital literacy. You can read NALA’s submission here
Please find below important documents related to our AGM:
- Notice of our 2021 Annual General Meeting (AGM). This legally required notice tells you why we need to hold an online AGM, its date (Saturday 24 April 2021), time (11am – 12pm), as well as other details on topics we will discuss and decide on.
- Additional notes on four items: 1) your ability to attend and vote at the AGM 2); how to propose items to be decided at the AGM; 3) elections to the Board; and 4) the voting process.
- A note that explains changes we are proposing to our Constitution and Memorandum of Association.
- NALA’s proposed revised Constitution and Memorandum of Association, which we will ask you to agree at the AGM.
Download AGM Documents:
- Notice of our 2021 Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- Additional notes on four items
- A note that explains changes we are proposing to our Constitution and Memorandum of Association
- NALA’s proposed revised Constitution and Memorandum of Association,
- Form for Nominations to the Board of NALA
- Form for Resolutions
What you can do
As a member, you can:
- propose resolutions you want us to consider at the Annual General Meeting; Resolutions are formal decisions taken to agree new actions. We need to receive them by 5pm on 24 February from current members.
- nominate / elect members / officers for the Board of NALA. This year we have the following vacancies on the Board:
- A maximum of six members of the Board
- The Vice-Chair
- The Treasurer
What members need to do to take part on the day
To take part at the AGM, please read all the steps below and see which ones you need to take. If you need to renew your membership, please do Step 1 first and no later than 5pm on 24 March 2021. If you know you are a member, please take steps 2 to 4 inclusive.
Steps and how / when to do this step
Step 1: Check you are a current NALA member. If not, renew your membership
Log onto your membership account on NALA’s website here. Renew your membership no later than 5pm on 24 March
Step 2: Register for the AGM
You need to do this to get a link to the meeting. Book on NALA’s website here no later than 5pm on 24 March
If you cannot attend the meeting, you can have someone else attend / vote for you. This is known as a Proxy.
If you cannot attend and would like someone else to attend and vote for you, please after 24 March, get a Proxy Form which will be available on this page, fill it in and return it to us by 11am on 22 April
Step 3: Send resolutions
Download the Resolution Form here. Please fill it in and return it us no later than 5pm on 24 February
Step 4: Send your nominations for the Board of NALA.
Download the Nomination form here. Please fill it in and return it us no later than 5pm on 24 March
You can return forms by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to FREEPOST, NALA, Sandford Lodge, Sandford Close, Ranelagh, Dublin 6, D06 YF65.
Do you have a question / need help or documents?
If you have a question, need help or want documents posted to you, please contact Margaret Murray, NALA Student and Membership Officer. Margaret’s phone number is: 01 412 7928 or you can email Margaret at email@example.com