National Adult Literacy Agency (NALA) Annual General Meeting 2022
Online through Zoom: Saturday 30 April 2022, 11am – 1pm
Registration for the National Adult Literacy Agency (NALA) Annual General Meeting (AGM) is now closed.
If you have any queries about registration please contact Margaret Murray NALA Student and Membership Officer on 01 412 7928 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are delighted to invite you to our 2022 Annual General Meeting (AGM). It is taking place online on Saturday 30 April 2022 at 11am and we hope you can join us.
2021 was another rollercoaster year for us all, but with your support, we achieved a long-held ambition to get a new 10-year adult literacy, numeracy and digital literacy strategy for Ireland. Now that we enter 2022, we need your help to make sure it gets implemented. Our AGM will be an ideal opportunity for you to hear from us and to discuss with other members what you want NALA to concentrate on in 2022 and beyond.
Get ready to vote
We are delighted that we received 16 nominations to our Board. As there are only eight places available for director positions, there will be an election at our AGM. The Board provides essential leadership to NALA so, have a read about all our nominees and get ready to vote. Each nominee has a wealth of experience and most importantly a common believe that literacy is a human right.
If you cannot attend our AGM online, you can:
- Nominate someone, known as a Proxy, to vote on your behalf at the AGM, or
- Send us your votes and nominations by completing a Proxy form.
You must complete and return the Proxy form to us by 11am on Thursday 28 April 2022.
- Notice of our 2022 Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- The AGM agenda
- The minutes of the 2021 AGM
- Our 2021 Annual Report and Financial Statements
- Details of the individuals who are seeking election to NALA’s Board
- A Proxy form that you can use to vote if you cannot attend the AGM
What to do next?
- Register for the NALA AGM To help with the organisation of the day please register by 11 am on Thursday 28 April 2022
- If you cannot attend the AGM, return the Proxy form by 11am on Thursday 28 April 2022.
Please note: To be eligible to vote you need to be an active member of NALA at least one month before our AGM, that is, by 30 March 2022.
Do you have a question or need help or documents?
If you have a question about your membership, need help or want documents posted to you, please contact Margaret Murray, NALA Membership Officer. Margaret’s phone number is: 01 412 7928 or you can email Margaret at email@example.com.
Thank you for your continued support and I look forward to seeing you at our AGM.
Other AGM Documents:
Please find below other documents sent to members related to our AGM.
- Letter of Invitation to NALA members from NALA CEO, Colleen Dube This letter invites our members to the AGM, givers information on vacancies on the NALA Board and what steps you need to take to attend on the day.
- Notice of our 2022 Annual General Meeting (AGM) This legally required notice tells you why we need to hold an online AGM, its date (Saturday 30 April 2022), time (11am – 1pm), as well as other details on topics we will discuss and decide on.
- Additional notes on three items 1) your ability to attend and vote at the AGM 2); elections of directors and officers to the Board; and 3) Voting at the AGM
- AGM booking form PDF or AGM booking form word document. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a printed copy. You can also register for the AGM online through our website here.